Scoring friendship points with your furry buddy is the dream of every dog owner. Dogs want to feel a sense of affection from their human partners. And if you’re looking to give your dog exactly what it requires, dog treats give you a perfect option.
Homemade treats present you a golden chance to train your dog and build up a balanced pet.
Interestingly, with homemade dog treats, you don’t have to break the bank or spend extra costs. In fact, they take very little time to create and involve simple, everyday ingredients.
Are you ready to level up on friendship and training with your dog? Here are four of our favorite dog treat recipes from BarxBuddy that you should try out.
1. She Knows Peanut Butter Treats for Dogs
Topping our list for favorite dog treats is the Peanut Butter Treat recipe from She Knows. If you’re on a search for a recipe that involves very simple ingredients and little preparation time, you’re on luck’s side.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- I cup of skimmed milk
- 1 cup of organic peanut butter (preferably at around 68-72℉)
- 2 cups of whole-wheat flour (save a little more for use when cutting cookies)
- Preheat your baking oven to 375℉
- Slowly pour milk into a bowl with your measured peanut butter and mix gently
- Mix your baking powder and flour in a separate bowl
- Combine ingredients from both bowls together and mix thoroughly until it is formed.
- Spread out the dough on a flat floured surface till you achieve the desired thickness. Cut out the peanut butter treat and line them on your cookie sheet
- Bake the treat for about 15-20 minutes.
Your peanut butter treat is all set. Leave it to cool and store in a sealed container for as long as two weeks.
2. Design Milk Dog Biscuit Recipe
This recipe is another top choice for dog owners. With just two ingredients and a short baking time, you are sure to give your dog the very best.
- Two cups of fully organic whole wheat flour, oats, or chickpea flour (if you want a grain-free choice).
- 4 oz. fl. of pureed baby food. Chicken, beef, and blueberry are some excellent options.
- Preheat your baking oven to 350℉
- Mix the flour and pureed baby food till it forms a thick dough. Add water or flour till you achieve the desired texture.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface till you have a quarter-inch thickness.
- Cut out the dough into shapes and line them on your cookie sheet
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes
Leave the biscuits to cool off and preferably store in a paper bag for consumption.
Tips for Dog Treats
Just before you jump on that dog treat recipe, here are some points to follow.
- Don’t make the mistake of replacing your dog’s regular food with homemade treats
- Find out which human foods dogs are unable to take
- Regularly contact your veterinarian should you have queries about your dog or homemade dog treats.
- You can use the BarxBuddy dog training device along with your homemade dog treats for more effective training results.